Friday 2 January 2015

Photography& acetate

Photograph & acetate.

This experiment was produced as further development for Charlotte Caron. It was to explore other methods to turn my previous failure into a success, (refer back to my Charlotte Caron experiment post). The basic idea behind this experiment was to find alternative options to paint upon a photograph and that's were the idea to use acetate came from. I only choose to paint half of lilly's face because I wanted to work back into the photo with other materials.

Method:
  1. First draw out your desired image onto plain paper. Then proceeded then to gather your equipment, which should simply consist of acrylic paint, various sized paint brushes, a pot of water, your photograph, scissors, double sided tape or pva and of course your acetate.
  2. Place your acetate over your drawn out image. For me that was half of lilly's face.
  3. Begin to paint. I used warm and cool colours because I favoured that palette over the traditional browns and blacks. This colour scheme also links me to one of my previous artist. 
  4. Be careful when painting as its all about building up layers, also be aware that paint will take longer to dry because there is nothing to absorb the paint. 
  5. Once the painting is finished and dry, clean up your work area. 
  6. Then proceed to cut out your painting and layer it over the top of your photograph. I used double sided sticky tape to stick down the acetate. You can also use PVA glue as it dries clear.
  7. Once that is dry you can then work back into your photograph with different materials.
Step 6 didn't work for me as I wasn't able to work back into my photograph with the materials I wished to use. This was probably due to the fact the photo was black and white. I didn't continue with this development as there were too many limitations. 

Health & safety
  1. Clean up after yourself, especially if water is spilt. 
  2. Be careful when using scissors. 
  3. Avoid putting paint into your mouth and eyes, if that ever happens wash out with water.

No comments:

Post a Comment