Friday 2 January 2015

Moises Mahiques & zentangle

Moises Mahiques experiment.

For Moises Mahiques experiment I used it on my  first initial idea but I chose to only use lilly's head. The style of moises is kind of like a frenzy, an image repeatedly repeated but each time the image is slightly changed. For my experiment I only chose three layers. 

Method:
  1. First I had to choose the three images of my dog I wanted to layer
  2. Next grab your equipment which is only a pen. 
  3. Then you start the drawing, the basic idea behind it is to produce a simple line drawing. For the first drawing I added both eyes from the first image.
  4. Then you layer up the drawing with the other two images, again using simple line drawings.
  5. Next I chose to do another line drawing this time I only drew one eye, then I proceeded to add layers. 


Zentangle experiment.

For this idea I wanted to explore the use of line further, so instead of using it to produce outlines I wanted to use it to build up one outline from the inside out. The idea behind this is to use simple patterns to build up a image. 

Method: 
  1. First you need to grab a pen that won't run out any time soon.
  2. Next you need to draw the basic structure. Remember to leave the eyes out because you don't want to loose them within the pattern. 
  3. Then its time to get to work, there isn't any instruction on how to do this, you just have to flow with it and remember that you can't make a mistake once you start to zentangle. For my patterns I stuck to lines, circles and triangles.
  4. For the eyes and nose i used bold lines, the nose is completely blocked out apart from a shine on the nose. Then for the eyes I used bold line to outline the eyes as well as the iris's to give a ring effect.


Health & safety 
  1. I don't think there is any immediate hazards here, 

Further development with zentangle and Moises 

For this development I simply wanted to combine zentangle and moises.

Method: 
  1. First I repeated steps 1-4 but this time I added the eyes to each layer. 
  2. Next you add the zentangle and for this I chose to only zentangle certain parts instead of the whole image because the layered lines would disappear. 
  3. I chose the ears and nose to zentangle for each attempt.
  4. I also did another version this time I only used one eye because I wanted to compare the two.
  5. For more development you'll need some Indian ink. The idea behind this is to add colour to the zentangle and see how it works with the drawing.
  6. I added the colour to the nose, ears and eyes, using a paintbrush as the application would look a lot nicer compared to a nib pen. I didn't stick to one colour because I didn't want to limit the image. I tried to blend the colours so they'd all blend and not divide the pattern.
  7. Finally clean up after you're done, wash the paint brush and sides down.

No comments:

Post a Comment