Friday 2 January 2015

Etching & development

Etching development.

For this development it was used to widen my range of development. This development worked in three stages, and it was used on both my ideas.

Methods:
  1. First I had to round up my resources which was made up of, an etching plate, etching tool, fabric, pen, ink and thread.
  2. The first thing I did was I made up my etching plate, I split it into sections. The first area was made up of lilly's features and the second half was made up of my second idea the layered face with dog ears.
  3. After that I applied my etching ink to lilly's nose one solid colour. Then I proceeded to print it (for that method refer back to my post on dry point/etching)
  4. Then after it was printed I washed off the ink and re-inked the nose again this time in a different colour, I then re-printed onto my previous print this time I adjusted the plate so the print would be layered. 
  5. I then repeated stage 4 to produce a print in the style of moises.
  6. For the second section I repeated step 3, but this time I also added chine colle, (for that look back to my etching post)
  7. After that i worked back into the print with ink. I used the ink to zentangle the ears. I zentangled each ear in a different colour. I also used the ink to fill in the hat. 
  8. I also printed onto fabric. I worked back into it with ink, pen and stitch.
  9. I used the pen to zentangle the ears. For the zentangle use a simple pattern of squares, circles and triangles.
  10. I used the ink to block in colour in the hair, lips and hat. I used three different colours as i wanted to accurately represent the original colours, which consisted of brown/orange for the hair, black for the hat and pink for the lips. I used a paint brush to fill in the colour as it can cover a larger area faster.
  11. I then moved onto the collar which was made up of running stitch and back stitch. (Previous posts show how to achieve this) I used a green thread which is one of the dominating colours on the original collar. If I had, had more thread I would have filled the whole collar with stitch.


Health & safety
  1. Be careful with the needle so you don't end up pricking your finger.
  2. Clean up once you've finished.
  3. Be careful not to spill the ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment