Friday 2 January 2015

Lucia, shin & moises development

Lucia, Shin & Moises devlopment.

For this development I produced 6 different pieces each being developed from the previous one. I also photocopied the original one to save time. For this development I also added in zentangle.

Method:
  1. First you need to gather your equipment. Pen, watercolours, oil pastels, pastels and acrylic paint.
  2. The first thing I did was, I drew out a simple line drawing of my second idea, keeping in tac the facial features, I then used Moises technique and layered up my drawing with different facial line images, removing the facial features. 
  3. Next I went back over the main lines to make them bolder, so they could stand out. I went over the different faces and the hats. 
  4. For my second piece I added in the watercolour, I used the same technique as in my previous lucia post. The  difference to this was I added in the hair using a brown wash to just highlight the section of hair. I also added zentangle to the dog ears similar to my zentangle post, using a pen.
  5. After that I produced my third piece, I repeated steps 1-4. I also changed the collar of the colour to a pastel purple, simply because I was experimenting with colour. After that I used pastels to create the same type of halo effect I used on my Shin and Lucia experiment. I chose to do opposite colours, black and white against orange and yellow.
  6. After that I produced my fouth piece, This one was much simpler then the rest. I followed steps 1-4 except I didn't add the hair because I think it looks better without it. 
  7. Then I photocopied my fourth piece to save me time.
  8. For my fifth piece using the photocopy of my third one, I added oil pastels to the outer edge of the face, it gave a more crisp cut feeling compared to the soft pastel.
  9. Then for my sixth  piece I repeated step 8. I also added acrylic paint. I used Shin's style on the hair (layering the paint using short brush strokes)  For this I painted across the different sections of hair to make them stand out, so each face would look more prominent. But this didn't have the desired effect.
  10. For my seventh and final piece I didn't add the oil pastels this time, instead I focused on the hair instead, I only painted the one hair section this time, I painted the hair that belonged to the starting face. I used Shin's style short brush strokes, using multicoloured murky colours.
  11. Wash out the paintbrushes and clean up your work surface.
















Health & safety 
  1. Clean up after you're finished.
  2. If paint or oil pastels get into your eyes wash them out straight away.
  3. Don't eat when you're working,




No comments:

Post a Comment