Friday 2 January 2015

Charlotte Caron experiment

Charlotte Caron development.

For this experiment I was experimenting with the style of Charlotte Caron. As my artist response wasn't initially on a photograph so for the development I applied paint to photos. For this I also used a variation of colour. I also did further development by combining Charlotte and shin.

Method: 
  1. I photocopied my initial photo so I could experiment multiple times. This also allowed me to get a feel for her style and also gives me time to explore options within the style. 
  2. Gather your equipment, acrylic paint, your photos and a water pot.
  3. I then proceeded to paint my first photocopy with the traditional colours of an animal, these colours consisted of browns, red, blacks and whites. For some of my photocopies I added in Charlotte's signature spreading of paint from the top and bottom of the face. 
  4. The painting style is simply getting an even smooth texture.
  5. Then I decided to experiment with a different range of colours similar to shins palette. For this I used warm and cool colours.
  6. For the eyes I kept them as realistic as possible. 
  7. I then wanted to take the painting further, For this I first painted the face using browns, reds,blacks and white. Except this time I didn't add in Charlotte's strip of paint because I wanted to combine Charlotte and shin. 
  8. Once I finished painting the face I moved onto the hair
  9. For this I selected a smaller paint brush and coated it with paint because i want to refrain a little bit of detail but i also want it applied thickly.
  10.  I layered all different colours on paint onto the hair, Giving it a kind of wavy motion. This development didn't really work so I need a different way to develop it.
  11. Clean up your work station.



Health & saftey
  1. Make sure you clear up after you've finished painting. 
  2. Avoid getting paint in your eyes and mouth. If that ever happens wash out with water.

No comments:

Post a Comment